Ben is an aspiring young football coach based in Brisbane, Australia. Working as a tutor in sport coaching at the Queensland University of Technology, he also runs a Youtube channel, ‘Opposite Direction’ making short educational videos about football coaching. Ben puts a lot of his understanding and knowledge down to the people he has connected with and been influenced by during his coaching journey. Ben credits mentors such as Deportivo La Coruña’s Jose Barcala, former professional player, Remo Buess, ecological dynamics expert, Dr Ian Renshaw (co author of Nonlinear Pedagogy in Skill Acquisition) & his first major influencer, David Da Silva. Holding a Bachelor in Exercise Science and Physical Education and furthering his studies with a masters in Ecological dynamics, Ben is working hard to further understand the development process.
As part of his own development process Ben has done a series of excellent educational videos around ecological dynamics and football coaching. For me Ben’s work helps to facilitate a space for exchange and learning in a community of practitioners and researchers in order to develop understanding and knowledge for the constructive transformation and evolution of both the coaching environment (practice and coach education) and the literature. you can follow Ben on Twitter.
I am very grateful that Ben has kindly allowed me to publish his work. Enjoy!
Motor Learning Theory
- Affordances: https://youtu.be/cUH700QUz64
- Animal – Environment Mutuality: https://youtu.be/GW691hvM194
- Invariants: https://youtu.be/vwdeBPuB9Ro
- Perception – Action Coupling: https://youtu.be/NiWzJK4Rom8
- Intentions: https://youtu.be/jMKEnwLxNe0
- Task Simplification: https://youtu.be/JdUCRiabDm8
- Representative Practice: https://youtu.be/cW1Y8Qvro-I
- Repetition without repetition: https://youtu.be/qVt-LBQGo9o
- Constraints Based Learning: https://youtu.be/wA2qho-lJVQ
- Constraints based learning vs isolated practice: https://youtu.be/ZeVzoQUBKn4